Chinese Visa Application Photo Standard
To apply for a Chinese visa, you need to supply one (1) color photo. Here are the basic requirements:
- The photo must be taken within last 6 months.
- The basic requirement is similar to passport photo: it should be your front view, (best) with both ears exposed.
- The background should be uniform, white or light color.
- The size can be 2x2 inches or slightly smaller. Yes, 2x2 is preferred, in contrast to what is stated on official consulate web site. So please do not try to cut the photo to fit the small box on the visa application form.
- The size does not have to be exact, slightly smaller is fine, but no larger than 2x2.
- You can take a picture of yourself using your digital camera and print on photo paper (plain paper not acceptable; most inkjet prints, even on photo paper, are not acceptable).
- If you print the photo yourself, an easy way to test if your photo is good enough is to put it in water for 5 minutes, then dry it.
- To be safe, pay 40 cents and print at Walgreen.
- If you do not have glue, we can help glue the photo onto the visa application form.