Chinese Transit Visa (G)
Transit Visa (G) is issued to an alien who transits through China. Since the requirement for a transit visa is similar to a tourist visa, in most cases, we would recommend applying for a tourist visa instead, as you have much more flexibility with a tourist visa.
I. Do you need a transit visa?
- Visas are not required of aliens, who hold final destination tickets and have booked seats on international airliners flying directly through China, and will stay in a transit city for less than 24 hours without leaving the airport.
- No visa is required for ordinary passport holders from Singapore, Brunei and Japan to visit China for up to 15 days for business, sightseeing, visiting relatives and friends or transit.
- As of March 2015, citizens of 51 countries may stay visa free in Shanghai, Beijing, Guangzhou, Chengdu, Chongqing, Dalian, Shengyang and Harbin for 72 hours while transitting to their destinations. The list of cities and countries are expanding.
II. Documents needed for a transit visa
- Your valid and actual passport. The passport must have at least six (6)
months validity left before expiration and at least one blank page left in it.
- A copy of the photo page of your passport.
- One completed Chinese Visa Application Form.
- One photo (approximately 2x2, color, similar to passport photo).
- A valid visa of the country of destination, and a copy of the final destination airline ticket/reservation.
- If you were born in mainland China, Hong Kong or Taiwan, there may be additional requirements, please see Chinese version for details: documents required for Chinese visa.
- Non-US passport holder must provide original AND copy of green card, or a copy of US immigration document (e.g. H1B, I-20). Please read detailed information and country specific visa requirements.
- Online order confirmation page (create a new order).
III. How to apply
"How to apply: Step by step procedures" on our main index page.
IV. Visa fee and processing time
The consular fee is $140 and our service fee is $79.96.
The regular processing time at the consulate is 4 working days. Additional fees are required for express processing. For details, please see
visa fee table.
"That was a very fast service and I really like the updates via email...."
"... Excellent communication. Very knowledgeble of Chinese Embassy paperwork processing...."
Your satisfaction is our top priority!