Chinese Visa and Document Authentication Service FAQ

Modified: 2017-08-14

Are you still in business?

Yes, we are, thanks to your support, and our business is increasing, and we opened a branch in Washington DC in March 2013. If you are still not sure, please contact us by email or phone.

What is your service area?

We are based in Houston, Texas and have an additional branch in Washington DC area.

  • Your Chinese visa will be issued by the Chinese Consulate General in Houston (AL, AR, FL, GA, LA, MS, OK, TX, PR) or by the Chinese Embassy in Washington DC (DC, DE, ID, KY, MD, MT, NC, ND, NE, SC, SD, TN, UT, VA, WV, WY).
  • For document authentication, we accept documents from the following states, regardless where you live. Houston consulate: AL, AR, FL, GA, LA, MS, OK, TX; Chinese Embassy in Washington DC: DC, DE, ID, KY, MD, MT, NC, ND, NE, SC, SD, TN, UT, VA, WV, WY.

How do you ensure the prompt and safe handling of my China visa application?

We take the safety and prompt handling of your documents (passport and visa) seriously, which begins at the moment you fill out the order form:

  1. As soon as you finish your order form, our staff gets an email message alerting the arrival of your order. If we spot potential issues at this stage, we will contact you.
  2. If you provided your mailing/tracking information, we will watch your mail arriving.
  3. After we receive your documents, we update your order status (online and email), then generate mailing labels for return shipping. At this time, we will review your application to see if it is complete and correct. If we find anything wrong, we will either call or email you.
  4. We submit your application to the Chinese consulate the next day, and update your order status (online and email).
  5. We pick up for documents from the consulate, and mail them back to you. We drop your mail in well attended collections boxes, like those inside post office building or FedEx shipping center. We will update your order status (online and email), including mail tracking information.

How safe are my documents?

We know how valuble your documents are and accordingly we handle them carefully.

  • The safety assurance actually starts from you: you help us positively identify your documents on the order form, so that documents from different orders are not mixed.
  • Prompt handling means that documents stays with our service staff for a minimal amount of time, thus reducing the chance for loss.
  • We use advanced computer system to track the progress of your order, which allow us to detect abnormalities, either on the road or during our processing.
  • Our computer system interfaces with the online tracking of USPS, FedEx and UPS, that's why we prefer that you enter the tracking information of your incoming mail directly into our system from our web site.
So let us work together and ensure the safety of your documents.

What is your normal processing time and what's the fastest time to get a Chinese visa?

Our normal processing time (from date of receiving to date of mail back) is: 4-5 business days for regular service, 2-3 business days for express service, and 1-2 business days for rush service. For those processed at Chinese Embassy in Washington DC, it may take an extra day or two. The consulate currently limits rush and express service, which may take longer time than before to get approved and processed.

Please remember, it is always safer to allow some extra days just in case anything goes wrong. Also remember that the Consulate may take both Chinese and US holidays.

The travel planner can help you estimate when you can expect to get back your document given the method of shipping and service type.

If you are really in a hurry, please contact us by email or phone, we will do our best to accommodate your schedule. We may be able to get it done in several hours, but extra service fee may apply, and the service is not guaranteed as it depends on everything to be exactly right.

What payment methods do you accept?

We accept money order, credit card and check payments.

You can make a single payment for the total amount as calculated on your order form (payable to "YWPW Services"). If you prefer, you may also pay the consular (visa) fee and the rest (service fee and return shipping) separately. If you choose to pay separately, the consular fee must be paid with a money order.

For express or rush service, please pay by money order or credit card. Check payment is accepted for regular processing only, and we will mail your documents back after the check is cleared. There is a $30 charge per returned check.

Credit card payments are handled through PayPal, and there is a 3.5% transaction charge.

Why is there a transaction charge for credit card payments?

While using credit card gives you convenience as well as an extra layer of security, it adds to our costs. Since our service charge only accounts for a small portion of the money we collect (the majority goes to the consulate and shipping), we are unable to absorb the cost of credit card transaction. (How does this work?)

Can I mail my application to the address for general communication?

In most cases, the address printed on your order confirmation form will be the same as the address for general communication, but sometimes we may direct your mail to our location near the consulate, based on your order type (e.g. rush service) and/or the schedule of our staff, so that we can process your application quickly. Please use the address printed on your order form (unless we advise you otherwise by email or phone), otherwise we will not be responsible for any delay it may cause to your application.

Do you handle Chinese passport or travel certificate applications?

The consulate no longer offers Chinese passport extension service since Jan. 1, 2007 and you must replace with a new passport.

Chinese passport replacement should be applied in person.

From March 2008, travel certificate must also be applied in person. From October 2010, the child, plus one of the parent need to come to the consulate in person.

How can I apply for a Chinese visa in Hong Kong?

You will probably need a multiple entry visa for visiting mainland China and Hong Hong. If for some reason that you do need to apply for a Chinese visa in Hong Kong, please follow instructions on obtaining a Chinese visa in Hong Kong.

More Q/A on specific cases

"That was a very fast service and I really like the updates via email...."

"... Excellent communication. Very knowledgeble of Chinese Embassy paperwork processing...."

Your satisfaction is our top priority! Testimonials.